Corporate Social Responsibility
Alliance is an organization committed to improving the lives of our associates, protecting the environment and giving back to our local communities. As our programs have evolved and improved in recent years, we are better integrating Focus Green standards for how we operate properties; pursuing green building certifications for new and existing developments; investing in our associates through aLIVE and Alliance University; and channeling the collective potential of our company to help others through Alliance Cares. Our story of what we’re doing in these areas can be found in our annual Corporate Social Responsibility report.
The 2018 report features even more case studies and project highlights focusing on LED lighting retrofits, solar PV, green-certified buildings and the new Alliance SmartHome technology package. In addition, we are proud to share:
- 46% of Alliance communities are now 100% smoke-free, up from 36% in 2017
- 22% of Alliance communities have EV charging stations, up from 16% in 2017
- 48% of Alliance communities are using zero-VOC paints
- Alliance was recognized as Green Home Builder’s “Developer of the Year” in 2017
Prior Year Reports
- 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- 2016 Citizenship + Sustainability Report
- 2015 Citizenship + Sustainability Report
Alliance is committed to sustainable business practices. Our focus is to minimize the impact we have on the environment, provide healthy and efficient homes and offices, control operating expenses, drive savings and promote environmental awareness to our stakeholders. Click here to learn more about our “7 Ways to Focus Green.”
- All initiatives are guided by our in-house sustainability department.
- Many of our green initiatives reduce operating costs.
- Incorporating energy-efficient lighting and Energy Star appliances adds value for today’s renters, who are increasingly willing to pay higher rents for features that translate to utility cost savings and a healthier home.
- Using zero-VOC paint with zero-VOC colorants allows us to improve indoor air quality, providing a better environment for our employees and residents.
- Alliance proudly became an ENERGY STAR Partner in 2014. This voluntary program (through the Environmental Protection Agency) helps businesses and individuals save money while protecting our climate through superior energy efficiency.
Alliance isn’t just doing business in the local community — we are a part of the community. Through the “Alliance Cares” program, we orchestrate portfolio-wide campaigns to benefit various charities and encourage associates to participate in local volunteer efforts. Our teams donate their time and energy to support many worthy causes and events, including: Tools 4 Schools Toys for Tots Soles4Souls The Boys and Girls Club DoSomething.org Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Rebuilding Together San Francisco’s “National Rebuilding Day” Children’s Burn Foundation The BuddyWalk Shoreline Clean-Ups.